As Friday finally arrives, our minds inevitably turn to the weekend and the ‘fun’ we might have (and possibly the ‘bigger fun’ we might have had pre-lockdown!). Many of us are doing Dry January (and impressively, a fair number of people we have spoken to have stuck to it so far, and some are even planning to continue for the foreseeable! We salute you…)
We yearn for Friday Night Cocktails, out on the tiles with friends perhaps in Soho or at a friend’s house. But whilst the nation remains in lockdown, we may need to forego the physical socialising element, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy a ’social’ event of sorts.
Whether you’re treating yourself to a well-done work week, alone or with pals on zoom, or you’re lucky enough to live with a loved one, a Friday night drink is definitely something to celebrate. In honour of our dry friends, we have done the legwork and researched some of the best non-alcoholic drinks, spirits and cocktails around! Here are BBB’s top drinks for a sober night in that doesn’t feel like a compromise…
1. Feragaia – this Scottish drink is made from ‘land and sea botanicals’ which seems quite fitting, as the name translates as ‘Wild Earth’, very apt for the rugged beauty of Scotland. Drunk over ice or with a tonic, this vermouth-type drink is flavourful and original. Sign up to the Feragaia mailing list to get 15% off your first order (also the website itself is gorgeous!)
2. Three Spirit – a BBB favourite for a while now, there are now 3 different flavours to choose from- The Livener, Social Elixir and Nightcap! The drinks combine plants used for centuries in ceremonies and potions to stimulate the palate, mind and body, promote connection and positive social experiences without alcohol. Vegan, gluten-free and sustainably packaged, we love them! BBB Members get 15% off using code BBB15 at checkout (UK only).
3. New London Light, by Salcombe Distilling Co. – bold and refreshing and unbelievably 0% ABV, this one is full of flavour and utterly delicious. It is made by first distilling three botanicals: bold Macedonian juniper berries, zesty ginger and warm habanero capsicum. The base is then carefully blended with 15 further botanicals including orange, sage, cardamom, cascarilla bark and lemongrass, to create this unique and stunning flavour. SDC also have 2 great offers on right now, valid until 31 Jan: Free UK Mainland shipping on all orders over £25, plus the NLL subscription offer of 20% off every month when you sign up using the code LIVELIGHT.
4. STRYYK – this brand are no stranger to the spotlight and it’s easy to see why. Their Not G*n, Not R*m and Not V*dka are each and all impressive, but we love that they are also making cocktails and also providing ample recipe inspiration on the website for those wanting to get creative at home! AND, if you sign up for the newsletter, it’s a whopping 40% off your first order!
5. Seedlip’s Nogroni – anyone who knows the BBB team personally will know that we are avid fans of the Negroni (I mean, what’s not to love?!). Indeed, we pride ourselves on having tasted negronis around the world in a real cross-section of establishments! However, we can confirm that this non-alcoholic from Seedlip is superb (and, no hangover! Who knew…) Seedlip are also offering a mystery ‘free gift’ for all orders in January too, so time to place another order, we say!
Bottoms up…Here’s to the light on the horizon